2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jalen Choice, LB, Jacksonville State University
• Name: Jalen Choice
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 235
• Position: Linebacker
• College: Jacksonville State
• Twitter: @Theofficialjch1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is great! I love how friendly everyone is. Also In Tuscaloosa, we have the best football in the entire country.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, practice, strength, and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about anything. Because everything happens for a reason
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I didn’t get invited to the Rivals camp in my senior year of high school. When this happened I put in a lot of work, I was grinding overtime. That experience shaped me into the player I am now.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My best quality would be me knowing how to deal with bad situations and turn them into something good.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Quincy Williams
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• NFL Agent
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because family should always come first
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Denzel Washington. I would be him because he’s a great actor and very intelligent.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would be when I couldn’t make the score I needed to on the ACT. I took the test 9 times and on the last try, I made the score I needed. There were many tutoring sessions to get the score I needed
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was 4, I was scared of the Disney characters on a Disney cruise.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Against Tennessee State, I had a pic 6.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle – Victory Lap
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I am a very positive person
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my grandma. I would do this because she was always inspiring me to do better whether she knew it or not … RIP GAN
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Malcolm Butler
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I say this because it’s easy to be liked but hard to be respected
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. He is a great player!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my mom! She always pushes me to be the best version of me.