2020 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Davion Washington, DB, Wingate University
- Name: Davion Washington
- Height: 6’1
- Position: CB/Safety
- College: Wingate University
- Twitter: @13_davion
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Greenville, SC! When it comes to memories and good food Downtown Greenville never disappoints.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, film study, practice. As long as you are physically and mentally prepared the better your chance of winning. You can watch as much film as you want and practice all of their plays, but when it’s all said and done it comes down to who can last the longest and who wants it more.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Failure. My family and I have sacrificed and worked too hard to settle for anything less than success.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My freshmen year of high school I had a chance to start at safety, but I did not have a good summer session. I lost the job to an older guy and they made me a back up, which meant I saw little playing time. I reacted by working harder during practice and taking advantage of the few opportunities I was given. Towards the end of the season, my number was called and I was prepared and ended up earning the starting job for good.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My energy and determination
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Teammate, JT Stokes.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be teaching high school math and coaching.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, desk, then car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save my family member, because loyalty is essential when it comes to family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Will Smith in The Pursuit of Happiness! Will persevered through his struggles and showed true determination. He didn’t make any excuses just did what he had to in order to provide for his family.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity is being overlooked, which pushes me to work even harder.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I caught a pick against Lenoir-Rhyne to end a close game. I was feeling too good, just to turn around and see a flag.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• my sophomore year against limestone I caught my first interception in the red zone to end the game and to secure the conference championship.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Never Needed No Help- lil baby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Aunt! She was taken too early and she never got to see her grandchildren.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Live Den
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Kareem Jackson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, since that’s earned and not given.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice. Rice still had gas in the tank but decided to let his emotions to dictate his actions.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My Mother has had the biggest influence on my life. She raised me to be independent and relentless. She has also been my number 1 fan since I started, which is why she deserves all the world.