NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Joe Parker, WR, UT-Chattanooga
Name: Joe Parker
Height: 5 Feet 9.5 Inches
College: University of Wyoming (2015-2016) Tennessee Chattanooga (2017-2018)
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in Coral Springs, Florida and raised in Castle Rock, Colorado. Castle Rock is a close town south of Denver where the family is really important, and you have the opportunity to do anything you want.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Practice 2. Film 3. Strength and Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being able to take care of my family when they need me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed to succeed and be the player I thought I could be at the University of Wyoming. So, I took the chance of transferring and found a new college where I helped lead my team on and off the field.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my knowledge of football and ability to separate versus man coverage are my biggest strengths.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player would have to by Greedy Williams (DB from LSU).
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would run track.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a family member because family is the most important thing.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I face adversity everyday, it’s just another bump in the road to greatness.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Probably when we beat San Diego State to host the Mountain West Championship while I was at Wyoming.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I’m not sure I have a song that describes my work ethic.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Never be satisfied and always have the hunger to be the better version of myself every day.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• T.Y Hilton is the most underrated player in the NFL. He is an incredible wide receiver with stats to back it up, but you rarely hear him talked about in the top 5 wide receivers.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Leaders aren’t always liked because they have to make hard decisions and have the hard conversations.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel bad for Shawn Oakman because he was just found not guilty after being accused of sexual assault which ruined his NFL chances.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• They are the same thing.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My sister is my biggest influence. She was born in a wheelchair and struggles with daily tasks as simple as using the restroom. If you ever think something is hard, try thinking about what she has to go through.