NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: James Yarbrough, RB, Texas Wesleyan University
• Name: James Yarbrough
• Height: 5’7
• Weight: 210
• Position: RB/FB
• College: Texas Wesleyan University
• Twitter: Bussa44
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?-
• My Hometown is Lufkin, Texas it’s a small town and the country environment. I love about Lufkin is the country atmosphere and how people support you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?-
• Film Study, Strength And Conditioning, and Practice. In this order, I believe that film study is more important because you always got to study your opponent and how he reacts and moves so when it becomes game time you don’t have to worry about what certain move or tactic he does because you know what he does it makes it easier on myself. Strength and conditioning you always have to get better to prepare for the following day because where the strength comes in as well as conditioning it makes practice easier for you to go through.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about this generation today because this generation does not know the meaning of hard work there are so many opportunities in the world but the kids in this generation are afraid to go out and get what they deserve.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When it was time for finals and I failed the last final that prevented me from graduating last Fall 2018. I realized that when I failed that test I needed to use my resources I have on campus and now its Spring 2019 and I took advantage of all the study habits and making sure I was in the books and I’m proud to say that I’m graduating this May 2019 with my second degree.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?-
• My hard work because I never give up on a play and being a leader on the field
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• CJ Collins From SAGU QB
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?-
• Working with CPS. Being a CPS investigator
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?-
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why- ?
• I would save my family because my family has been there for me through it all.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Rudy Ruettiger because of his motivation and dedication to the game of football inspires me to keep doing what I love.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Was losing my whole entire family. I lost my 13-year-old sister to a gunshot wound, I love my 18-year-old sister to an overdose, a week later after my 18-year-old sister passed my dad pass due to cancer, and Last Year I lost my mother due to a heart attack. How overcame that is by remaining faithful to God and not letting anything stop me because I know that I will make them proud.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Getting a whooping the street in front of my friends
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?-
• Making a huge block for the other RB to score while I was at FB
What song best describes your work ethic?-
• Ambitions as a Ridah- Tupac
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level? –
• Being consistent and staying humble. Whether if it’s lifting, or at practice, because everyone has those bad practices but you always have to remain humble to get better each and every day
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My mother because I would love for her to see how much I have accomplished so far in my college career as well as getting ready to graduate.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?-
• Player’s Ball till we Fall
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?-
• Not sure
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?-
• Respected because being respected goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?-
• Ezekiel Elliott because he had so many trials and tribulations due to lies regarding women but he has overcome them and is one of the most top RB’s in the NFL
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother because she taught me the meaning of hard work and not letting anyone stop my dreams. She instilled in me ” If you want it you have to go get it it’s not going to walk towards you” every since she instilled that in me I take every day a chance to get better and be a better person.