• Name: Duane Gary
• Height: 5’9
• Position: WR
• College: Western Connecticut State University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• New Haven Connecticut is an average size town and its one of the most underrated places when it comes to sports. What i love most about it is the food.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning comes first because you have to have the proper training to be in the best physical shape to play at your best at the highest level. Next is practice, Practice makes perfect this is where you make mistakes and you make corrections and it gets you prepared for game day. Film study is last but very important this can make you a great player and can really separate you from others especially at the next level . Not only does it help you fix your mistakes but it also helps you learn a lot about your opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about a few things but i worry most about my family. I worry about them because i just want them all to be okay and to be able to enjoy life!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When i first started going fishing with my grandfather i couldnt catch a fish to save my life. At first, I was really upset and mad but instead of giving up I started paying attetion to everything my granfather was doing and before you know it i was fishing like a pro.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates say my work ethic is my best quality.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kyzir White now on the chargers is the best player I played against in college.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a fire fighter or do something in the marine field.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I will choose my family member because I love my family and I would do anything to help or protect them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be in the movie Creed. Not only because I love boxing but because the hard work he was putting in and how he never gave up and how he earned his respect was great to see and I could see my self playing that role.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was my freshman year in JUCO first time I ever played football and I wasn’t starting right away. Instead of giving up like a lot of the other freshman I stuck with it and worked even harder to get on the field by week 2 I was starting kick return and punt return and ended up starting WR in a bowl game.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Missing a fast break layup in front of everyone during one of my basketball games.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first college punt return at Nassau.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil Wayne – Can’t be Broken
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work Ethic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather Lenny because he was always there for all his grand kids no matter what.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Lights Out
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jaydon Mickens
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because I don’t care if you like me or not but you will respect me. If someone dislikes you but respects you they will listen to what you have to say.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
•Vince Young because he had a chance to have a great long lasting career in the NFL.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Grandfather Edward Gary. He had a big impact on my life he’s the one who taught me how to be a hardworking man and how to never give up no matter what.