NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Demetri Williams, TE, Arkansas Pine-Bluff
• Name: Demetri Williams
• Height: 6’6
• Weight: 240
• Position: Tight End
• College: The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
• Twitter: @_therealdwill_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
– I call two cities home: Los Angeles and Sacramento. These two places are just chill vibes.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
– Film study is the most important of the three because if you can better understand what your opponent is going to do, before they do it, they cannot stop you.
– Strength and Conditioning is the second most important because they allow you to continue to better dominate the other team for the whole game.
– Practice is the third but not the least important. Practice allows for you to fine tune your craft and helps you better yourself before you go show out against the opponent
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being able to take care of my family, they’re my support system, my motivation
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember when I got cut from my high school’s basketball team during my senior year. It hurt, especially because all of my teammates played multiple sports together, it did motivate me to train even harder for football though
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
* I believe that my teammates would say that my best quality is my accountability.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Anthony Luke
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
* Nuclear Chemist
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
* Room for sure
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• There’s nothing more important than family
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
Dr. Robert Neville- I Am Legend (Will Smith)
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
* One of the biggest adversities that I have overcome in life was when times were hard and there wasn’t much food in the house, I used to bring food home from lunch at school so I was able to eat later on in the day.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I will never forget about when I scored the wrong way in a AAU Basketball game. It was bad because
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Blocking a field goal going into halftime
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Sleep When U Die – 2 Chainz
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The ability to quickly process and create a plan of action in real time
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Albert Einstein, he is one of the greatest scientific minds to ever live, and I love science.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Lion’s Den
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
* Jared Cook
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Because respect is undeniable, “people don’t have to like you but they have to respect you”
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. He is a really fun player to watch, and to see what happened to him and where his career could be at this point is disappointing.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• You gotta love winning but
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother, I’ve seen how hard she had to work in order to make sure my siblings and I were in the best possible position to be successful. I saw how hard she worked and she still does.