NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Quintaz Wright, OLB, Millikin University
• Name: Quintaz Wright
• Height: 6020
• Weight: 240
• Position: OLB/DE
• College: Millikin University
• Twitter: @Tazz2906
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am a from Indianapolis Indiana, the greatest city in the world, what I love most about my city is the Indianapolis Colts. I’m a die heart fan. Been a fan since a child and will always be, also I love my neighborhood that I was raised in.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, conditioning and film, all of these are very important because you need all these to have a good game on Sundays. Film and conditioning Will lead you to have a great game against your opponent. Study if you can help you learn the other players go to moves. And conditioning can help last longer then your opponent when it comes time to late important parts of the game. The whole game is very important but it is easy to fire off early in the game but what about the back in when it’s time to empty the tank.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t have to many worries I just pray to god every time I step on the field he keeps his arms over me and keep me healthy to play the game of football
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed my sophomore year of college I. Set a goal to go all conference at my position but didn’t do, I worked my tail off and became an all conference football player back to back years I had leave in college, it first started in the weight room I lift hard every day I went in there, I also was top in my conference the last 2 years of my collegiate football career.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is that I am a hard worker, a leader and a brother I care about my teammates on and off the field. Leading my team was something I always did and uplifting the guys around and bring the best out of them at all times.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•. Best player I played against was Broc Rutter,smart QB made all the right decisions getting a sack on him you had to do everything right. He knows when to throw it away and use his legs as well.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I could not play football my career would be a Sports athletic director
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If it was a disaster and I had to save three random people or a family member I would save my grandmother reason why is because she is the reason I am where I am today. She done so much to help me get to this point in life and I would love to let her see me make it farther.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would like to play Bruce Wayne I have always been a Batman fan since a child and I would love to play his role at least one time in life.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity I had to face was losing my grandfather at the age of 12, he was the reason that I played football he got me involved with the sport at the age of 6 and I continue to play the game of football and always remember he was the man that showed me this path. The way I overcame it was just by working hard and making sure I do my best to make him proud if he was still here today.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• The most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me was given the wrong haircut before school and I had to walk around with a very low hair cut for the next 3 weeks it was horrible
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career would be getting a touchdown on kickoff, one of my teammates and close friend hit the player made him fumble and I ran it in from 40 yards out
What song best describes your work ethic?
• A song that describes my work ethic would be Meek Mill Monster
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The best trait that I have would be that I listen and adapt quickly to things if I mess up once is aware that it happened again, using my abilities to keep me ahead of players is something that I do as well my Athletic ability is a great trait as well that will help me at the next level. And also being a hard worker day in and day out having the mindset open the league
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• If I could bring one person back from the dead for a day it will be my grandfather. The reason for that is so he can see me play football once again it’s a catch-up and all the things he miss when he left this world was the most influential man ever to come into my life.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• If I was to open a dance club I would call it the WrightWay
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• The most underrated player in the NFL is Darius Leonard
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected then liked anyday reason for that is because when you lack respect some people might try to say and do disrespect things and not take your word seriously.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice, he was having a very good career and when he had his issues it messed him up bad. He was never back in the NFL after that issue happen with his wife. His career was up the upside he was one of the best running backs in the NFL at the time and lost it all.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, it is the best feeling when you put the work in to win the game or win anything you do in life.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life now is my daughter, I just want to make her proud at anything I do in life even off the field I just want to make her happy she bring me so much joy. She makes me work harder at anything I do to have a better life then me.