NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Donald Brinkley, OL, St. Augustine University
• Name: Donald Brinkley
• Height: 6’5
• Weight: 320lbs
• Position: Offensive line
• College: St Augustine University (Raleigh Nc)
• Twitter: don’t have one instagram: brink_68
Tellus about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Well I’m from Greenville, North Carolina home of the ECU Pirates, what I love about Greenville is that we are a baseball town but when ECU suits up to play football you couldn’t tell that we are a baseball town, win lose or draw when it came to
Listthese three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength andConditioning and Practice?
• I would keep them in the order that it is presented,film, strength and conditioning then practice. I would put them in this orderbecause the key to success is always film because you can see what youropponent is doing and what he does to set up another move and not only you canwatch your opponent you can watch your own mistakes and fix them. The reason Iput strength and conditioning second not because I feel that you have to beSuperman or woman on the field but because if you are out of shape or alwaystired your not going be able to give it ur all doing practice your going tryand save the little energy for that last period of practice, which bring me tothe last one practice I put this last because after you study the film thenbust your ass in the gym to get in shape, you can then come on the field andput it all together.
Whatdo you worry about, and why?
• The one thing I worry about is not being able to show myself that I can play with the best of the best, I didn’t have the chance in college because I went division II, not to take it from the division II athletes cause I’ve seen some players where I was like DAMN!!!, but It just the players who hade all the hype since high school and path to the NFL or CFL was a simple ride, I wanna show its players coming for that spot all they want is the chance to show who they are.
Giveme an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how didyou overcome failure?
• The one thing I think I failed at was getting my grades up to get adivision I scholarship. I over came it by looking at the bigger picture Igraduated high school something that I didn’t think I could do and having achance to further my education even if it was a small HBCU in Raleigh Nc, Iwent from not thinking I was going graduate high school to getting my degreeand if you knew my story you would know why I’m so proud of that.
Whatdo your teammates say is your best quality?
• That I eat, sleep, and dream is football anything I doI’m going relate Football to it and that also I’m a gym head, I live in the gymthey hated that about me cause I was always ready to go to the gym on my freetime.
Whois the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would say my old college roommate, I’m not going giveyou his name because I don’t want anyone to know I’m going say this, but he wasa DE and I was a OT so we basically hade to practice and see each other everyminute of the day, but I’ll say he was the best because of the fact I could seehe was hungry and that he loved the game, he was a undersized as in weight buthe made it up with staying low and speed and hand fighting he was one in a fewplayers I can tell you that much.
Whatwould your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• To be honest I wouldn’t know I don’t see myself doing adesk job and I can’t see myself doing what I’m doing now all I can see my selfdoing is something that’s physically active.
Room,desk, and car – which do you clean first?
Ifthere was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one familymember, which would you choose and why?
Ifyou could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Because I wanna see how his diet and workout schedule is like.
Tellme about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcomeit?
• My biggest adversity in my life was learning how to getthrough school with my learning disabilities, I remember nights in high schoolwhere me and my mother would seat at the table and spend hours on hw thatshouldn’t been more then 30 mins but I just couldn’t understand it, I rememberall the money my grandmother spent on tutors to help me out and I stillcouldn’t get it I remember my freshman year during med terms in the library at5 am going over notes re reading my text book so tired from practice and thencalling my mother because I felt like I couldn’t do it. But I overcame that bypushing my self harder and finding ways and loopholes to where I could learnand be able to keep up with my classes.
Whatis your most embarrassing moment?
• I believe my most embarrassing moment was my senior year last game where we lost but I was walking off the field to my family standing on the
Whatwas the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play was when are starting Qb went downand the back up was a freshman who haven’t played a collegiate game yet so hisnerves was all over the place, but we was running a outside run to the rightbut the whole right side of the line saw what the defensive was doing, sobefore the Qb gave the cadence we told him to switch the play to a power run tothe weak side of the line, which lead to a 80 yard td run, amazing moment wherethe team came together to call the best play to score.
Whatsong best describes your work ethic?
• Remember the name by Fort Minor
Whatis the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help yousucceed at the next level?
• Your IQ of the game.
Ifyou could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be andwhy?
• I would bring back Sean Taylor just to ask him whatmotivated him to play like he played.
Ifyou were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Whois the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would say Corey Clement
Wouldyou rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respect, Because I could care lessabout if someone likes me or not they won’t be the 1st or the last.
Whatplayer who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the mostand why?
• I would say Vick because he was in his prime when he got locked up. Vick was everywhere no one could stop him he was a playmaking QB. once he got out his time to shine was over and Father Time was catching up with him.
Doyou love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win because when you get a chance to go backand look at film and see the team working as one is a thing of beauty.
Whohas been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I don’t have one biggest influence I have two my mom andgrandmother. The reason they are my biggest influence is Because they neverwould give up on me no matter what it was and always been my biggest supportsystem, me failing them would kill me completely.