NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Chase Stehling, OL, Western Carolina University
• Name: Chase Stehling
• Height: 6’4
• Weight: 335
• Position: OL
• College: Western Carolina University
• Twitter: @chasestehling
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Lincoln County, North Carolina. Nothingspecial about where I’m from. But, the thing I loved most about Lincoln Countywas how it drove me to want to be better.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study,Strength and Conditioning, and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, S&C
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about people who are under-qualified to lead other. Because when Elon Musk says we should regulate, and monitor artificial intelligence and we don’t, I believe that’s a problem.
Giveme an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how didyou overcome failure?
• 7th grade I tried out for the Middle schoolbaseball team. I didn’t make the team. So instead, my dad told me to go toschool and talk to the track coach, tell him I wanted to throw the Shot andDiscus. I did, and was able to continue all the way through college. When onedoor closes, another opens.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work ethic, refusal to be out worked.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Keionta Davis
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• if I couldn’t have played football I would havepursued my Track career as a thrower.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save threestrangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My one family member. I don’t know the threestrangers, so I wouldn’t expect them to save me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would yoube and why?
• Leonardo DiCaprio. He is a method actor, and alters hislife to the life style of the character relevant to the part he plays.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’vedealt with or overcome it?
• Growing up in a struggling environment financially.I’ve dealt with it by persevering, ill overcome it by my work ethic and neverwanting to go back.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Can’t say I really have one.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The very last play of my college career leading theway for our QB Tyrie Adams so he could break the 1000 rushing yard milestone togo along with 2500 passing yards.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Overtime – Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical orNon-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day,who would it be and why?
• XXXTentacion. Just to hang out for an entire day andlisten to music.
Ifyou were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Cougar Ranch.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Detrez Newsome
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I care more about what people think of myactions then they think about me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues doyou feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman. He was found not guilty of his charges,and hopefully he will get a fair chance to make a difference on a team.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Losing. Winning is great, but you build much morecharacter when you lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My dad. Always been there, always will.