• Name: Natrone Barnes
• Height: 5’8
• Weight: 172
• Position: Cornerback
• College: Ohio Wesleyan
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Deerfield Beach. My neighborhood is only about 6 miles west of the beach. If you feel like it, you could pay however much for parking and just chill.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, practice, then strength and condition. Although your body needs to hold up, without the first two you’d miss assignments often in a game.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Whether those close to me are doing okay.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- I saw my redshirt freshman year as a failure. I had sports hernia surgery, was ineligible in the fall, and got cut in the spring. I brought my grades up, worked out alone to improve my body, and eventually was able to start playing again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- Quiet and poised.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- I think Tanner Gentry. We were on the same team so practicing against him while my body was struggling to keep up months after surgery was beneficial.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Not certain but it would probably have to do with law enforcement.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
- My car, room, then finally my desk. I don’t keep a lot in the car so that would be easiest.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I don’t think I could choose between the two. I would definitely try to save everyone.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Martin Lawrence from the show Martin. He’s living adventurous life with a great relationship and great group of friends.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Coming back from sports hernia surgery. Just working out and rehabbing to recover. It took me longer than I’d like, but at least I was able to play at least another season.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I caught a screen pass as a wide receiver then ran in a full circle because I didn’t know where to go. I was only 9 or 10 years old.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- My first interception against Kenyon in 2017. It’s was 3rd and short. They tried to throw a slant route and i jumped the route. I ended up returning the ball about 30 yards. It had been my first interception in a game since my senior year of high school.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- The season by Anderson .Paak.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- To be able to takin as much of your opponents’ broken down game film as possible.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My Uncle Sammy because I miss him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- I wouldn’t name it. I would try to come up with something clever that incorporates ‘Tron’ but it wouldn’t work out.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I’m not sure.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- It depends on the context. Both have their pros and cons.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I’m not sure.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My parents because they raised me.