• Name: Chase Hancock
• Height: 6’1
• Weight: 225
• Position: LB
• College: Marshall University
• Twitter: chasee_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Beckley, WV. I wouldn’t say that it’s small, but everyone knows everyone. I love how no matter where you go, someone is willing to help you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Conditioning, Film Study, and Practice. You workout to get your body physically ready. Next, you watch film and practice to get mentally ready. One can’t be done without the other. You don’t workout? Your body will break down. No film study? You won’t know what you’re doing and you definitely can’t practice if you don’t know what the opponent is doing. Preparation is everything.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about those around me. I want to make sure they’re always good. If they’re good, I’m good.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In 3rd grade, I didn’t make the school basketball team. I was extremely disappointed. So, I played at the YMCA league and made the 4th grade
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Lamar Jackson
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• A Doctor. I love kids and I want to help people.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m going to find a way to save them all even if it means sacrificing my own life. What are my chances of successfully saving one vs the other? There’s a lot that goes into making that decision. It’s situational.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ironically enough, Hancock. He’s strong and can practically fly.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I walked on at Marshall and earned a scholarship. I had summer jobs to help pay for my schooling. It was tough, but I just stayed the course and it all payed off in the end.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was giving a speech for class and couldn’t correctly pronounce a word. The more I tried, the more
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I sacked Lamar Jackson in a
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Position to Win: Migos
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work ethic. You have to work for what you want. There are no handouts.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother, so that I could show her what I’ve accomplished and how far God has brought me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Juice
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Darryl Roberts
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. You might not like me, but you’ve got to respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• No one is perfect, but I think enough light is shed on players’ issues that no names need to be dropped.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Grandfather. He’s someone I admire and someone I’ve tried to be like since I was young. He’s a wise man.