NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Carnell Lewis, CB, Pittsburg State University
• Name: Carnell Lewis
• Height: 6’0
• Weight: 180
• Position: CB
• College: Pittsburg State University
• Twitter: nolimitnell_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Raleigh, North Carolina. The thing I love most about my city is that everyone I surround myself with is motivated to be better and do better given their current circumstances and want to give back to the city to make the community better.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• First I’d say film because you can get tails on your opponents and their pre-snap tendencies. Secondly, I’d say practice because once you know what your opponent’s habits entail you can work on things to counteract your opponent and his movements. Thirdly, I’d go with strength and conditioning simply because I think the game has leaned more towards speed. Even though I think strength and conditioning is very important and a major factor to the game I think being fundamentally sound can help in ways that strength cannot
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being the best I can be. Without being the best version of myself I won’t be able to fully impact and better those around me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Working out with my dad when I was younger. I was benching and got stuck. I laughed because other people in the gym saw it too. But I had to realize you can’t just jump into something and expect results immediately without working for it. You have to take baby steps and build it from the ground up. I overcame it by benching
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My voice and natural ability to lead
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Demetrius Bernard IV
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Be an athletic director or general manager
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’d find a way to save all 4 because that’s just who I am. But that’s a tough question. OTF though
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Q because sometimes you never know how taking the right procedures and precautions and being morally and ethically superior does nothing for you when it comes down to the needy greedy. Plus I just want to Denzel to see this so Pops can meet him
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity, in general, was understanding life. I think I’ve been through my fair share of hardships and adversity but they all taught me life lessons which at the end of the day made me focus on me and the man I intend to be. I’ve overcome to these obstacles by realizing that when I’m in a storm or things get cloudy that the other side is always brighter and to maintain my morals and values during hard times because it will pass
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Leaving my
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Don’t have one
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Made For it – Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or
• The ability to
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Stephon Clark because I know his brother is suffering more from his loss
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Nell’s Night Club
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
• JuJu Smith BooSter
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win but I don’t hate to lose, losses come with lessons
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?