NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: John Santiago, RB, University of North Dakota
Name: John Santiago
College: University Of North Dakota
Twitter: _ johnsantiago_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Saint Francis, MN is a small town just north of the twin cities. The reason why I love it is the amount of support that pours out of it. Endless support no matter where you play your college ball.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and
• Practice, Strength and Conditioning, Film Study
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family. I want them to be stress-free and living their best lives.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you
• My freshman year I fumbled multiple times in one game. I’m ironically glad it happened because it humbled me and allowed me to learn in a variety of ways.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I felt like my teammates respected my work ethic on and off the field the most.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college? • Patrick Onwuasor – Portland State
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would explore my criminal justice degree and pursue federal law enforcement
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first? • Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because of the love I have for people I care for.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why? •
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being considered undersized while playing the sport I love. To overcome it, I just kept my head down and worked in every aspect possible.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Forgetting to bring my cleats to a game Freshman year.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Watching Deion Harris’ pick six to lead us to a Big Sky Championship
What song best describes your work ethic? • Hard in da paint – Waka Flocka Flame
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at
the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why? • Michael Jackson because of the change he made on the world and music industry.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it? • Santiago Salsa Club
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL? • Josh Norman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why? • Respected because the respected leave a legacy
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why? • Colin Kaepernick because he wanted to make a change.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose? • Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why? My mother because of the amount of adversity she has overcame.