NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Qu’Ron Hall, CB, Shaw University
NFL Draft Diamonds has interviewed some of the best small schoolers to make it to the NFL. Last year our team interviewed over 750 players from NAIA to the FBS. This year we went to NFL teams scouts for every question on this interview. Ten NFL scouts who are avid readers of Draft Diamonds put this interview together for our readers pleasure. We hope you enjoy this interview, with another potential NFL draft prospect.
• Name: Qu’Ron Hall
• Height: 6’0
• Position: Cornerback
• College: Shaw University
• Twitter: @HallQuron
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Jacksonville Florida, I love being around my family at home.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, and Practice. I believe that film study slow the game down a lot, watching film is what help me make my plays in my college career. Strength and Conditioning keep you on the field it allow your body to take the beating. Practice you put everything together and you make your mistakes as well so it don’t happen in the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Honestly I don’t believing and worrying and stressing myself out, I try to live a very stress free live. God is taken care of everything so why worry
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
I have always started in football on every level I been at, but my first time not starting was last year my junior year it hit my hard not to be out there with my teammates trying to help us win. At the end of the season I wanted to transfer but I prayed about it and God told me if I was to run from this challenge that would be the biggest mistake I make in my life, so I worked hard everyday and was focus on the goal and that was winning the starting cornerback spot my senior year. When the season first started this year I wasn’t starting for the first four games and I talked to my head coach and I said” coach just give me a opportunity I know I can help this team win and if I mess up one time you don’t have to play me no more” coach jones gave me a opportunity and I balled out and was 4-2 as a starter this year. Moral of the story is I trusted God and never look back
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- My teammate Danial Bender
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- One family member. We family and my family real close.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- Spider man. I would love to fly around the city with spiders webs coming out of me having fun.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- Dealing with my step dad leaving me. I overcame it by praying and talking about it to others letting how I felt about it go.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Not playing my junior year in college
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Getting a pick against St. Aug
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Work Hard Migos
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My IQ of the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My auntie Lyn
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Quron Happiness
Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?
- Marcus Peters
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because if someone respect out that will help your kids down the line if they was to run into that same person because that person know who your is inside and out.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Chad Johnson the WR
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mama, I seen as a child how hard she fight for me and my sister the sacrifices she made and makes until this day to make sure that the family is taken care of. That’s why I give my all in football because I will give her better and make sure she don’t have to worry no more. She been working 2-3 jobs since I been a kid and I’m 23 now so it’s time she get better and relax.