- Kyle Horton
- Gardner-Webb University
- Twitter: @svnway
- 39 receptions – 615 yards – 15.77 YPR – 4 TDs.
What is your name?
- Kyle Horton.
Where do you play College Football?
- Gardner-Webb University.
What position do you play?
- Receiver, and Return Specialist.
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11″ 181lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes I ran track. I was a member of the 4×1 & 4×2 relay team that won 3 state championships and 1 national championship. And I also played AAU basketball.
Who is the toughest player you have competed against in College?
- Clifton Duck – App. State.
Are you listening to music before a game? If so, what?
- Waking up I’m listening to gospel music and music to relax me. Closer to kickoff I have a “Gameday” playlist I play on shuffle.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No superstitions but, I always walk a lap around the field and pray under the goalpost before stepping on the field.
Who is your role model & why?
- My parents, they are hardworking and taught many lessons on life that I’m have molded me into who I am today. They instilled in me to never give up and that academic success is just as important as athletic success.
While in College, what has been your favorite & least favorite class?
- My favorite class has been Sports Management, my least favorite class has been western civilization.
What made you choose Gardner-Webb University?
- Created a great connection with our coaching staff, opportunity for early play time, and wasn’t too far from my hometown.
Outside of Football, what has been your favorite experience while in College?
- Creating relationships and memories with my teammates and classmates that will last a lifetime. Also I enjoy serving kids in the community and meeting young kids at local schools.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- My favorite team is the Carolina Panthers, and my favorite player was between Steve Smith and DeSean Jackson.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- One of the marvel super hero movies, I would want to be Spider-Man.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- J.A Horton, my grandfather that died before I was born.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
- LeBron James.
If you could meet any historical figure, who would you choose & why?
- Martin Luther King Jr., because of his passion for what he was standing for.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- Spider-Man, he always seems to win.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Consistently putting in your work without being told to. It’s being self motivated to go 100%.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- I learned the importance of taking care of your body year round to achieve maximum results.
What is something you wish you could go back & tell yourself as a High School Freshman?
- Everybody is not your friend and they won’t be happy for your success. Keep your support system small and value your true friends and family.
Why do you wear #7?
- I wore 10 in high school and this was just the closest number to it.
What is the best part of your hometown, Charlotte, NC?
- Charlotte is a great town for young people. Nice food, sports and night life.
Who do you choose: Jordan, LeBron, Steph or Kobe? Why?
- LeBron, I’ve been a Lebron fan all my life.
Are you a PS4 or Xbox One guy? What games are you playing right now?
- I can play both but I own an Xbox. The game I play the most now is Fortnite.
What has been your most memorable moment as a student-athlete?
- Catching a TD pass in my High School State Championship game.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
- Great health for my family.
- To be successful and happy.
- To be a role model and give back to the community.
What is your hidden talent?
- I can juggle a little bit but that’s it.
If there is a book written about Kyle Horton, what is the title?
- “Product of What I’ve Been Through.”
What are three things on your “Bucket List?”
- Play in an NFL game.
- To travel the world.
- Buy my dream home.
Are you binge watching anything right now?
- TV show, Gotham.
If you had one free hour each day, how would you choose to use it?
- I would probably be catching up on my sleep.
If you could catch a TD from any NFL QB, past or present, who would it be & why?
- Tom Brady, because in my lifetime he’s been the best that is still playing right now.
What are three words to give NFL scouts that define Kyle Horton?
What is your inspiration?
- Making my family and friends proud and to reach my full potential in football and all aspects of my life.
What current/former NFL player do you compare yourself to?
- Desean Jackson , Golden Tate.