NFL Draft Diamonds Scouting Report: Chris Johnson, S, North Alabama
Player Profile by Matt Anzio
- Player – Chris Johnson
- Position – SS/FS
- School- North Alabama
- Height- 6’ 3
- Weight- 200 lbs
- Draft 2019
- Projected 40- 4.45
- Projected round- 7 – UDFA
- Hometown- Oak Mountain, Alabama
Stats & News
- 50 tackles, 2 TFL 6 INT’s
- All American Honors (consensus )
- First Team All Gulf- South All Conference
- First Team Don Hansen All Super Region
- First Team All D2CCA Super Region
- 13 tackles & DPOTW Honors vs Central Wash, 10/21/17
- 50 stops good for 4th on team 31 of which where solo
- Most INTs in the Gulf- South Conference
- 2nd in Div II INT per game
2016- Transfer from Albany U in N.Y.
A Diamond in the rough…
Chris Johnson is a sleeper from the small school of North Alabama with an abundance of talent and upside.
A natural tackler at SS, Johnson is tall & long player that can play downhill as a thumper or drop into coverage effortlessly .
A former track/ running athlete he has the ever important long speed to cover wide outs deep. Always around the ball, smart player takes good angles uses his size to his advantage strong athlete.
A knack for playing the ball his 6 INT’s where 2nd in his conference and first on his team. Good closing speed can get up and get his big hands in the way of playmakers.
Physical DB that can navigate through traffic making the tough tackle or stopping a play from developing. Good eye & awareness sees the field can recognize plays make the important adjustments. Aggressive t ackler that really attacks and plays through the whistle.
He can be used in a variety of different ways in the NFL can play either safety position, be used in the slot plus his speed along with his ability to track down ball carriers or Offensive weapons can make him a top tier player on ST. All around aset with his size, speed & power his SR year could put him on the map for the road to the Pro’s.
Athletic 6 ft 3 SS that can run in the 4.4 ‘s and can hit like a savage, gotta love it.