NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview:
- Eddy Piñeiro
- University of Florida
What is your name?
- Eddy Pineiro
Where did you play Collegiate Football?
- University of Florida
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11” 178lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played soccer growing up. My Dad played professional soccer. Playing the sport helped me gain leg power.
Who is the toughest player you competed against in College?
- Leonard Fournette-RB LSU
What are you listening to before a game to get hype?
- Christian music.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, not really.
Who is your role model & why?
- My Dad. While I was in Junior College, he would take me to practice every day at 5am. He never missed a practice or a game. He taught me to stay positive & to think of myself as the best.
While in College, what was your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class was a Black Lives Matter course. I want to be a Police Officer after football & that course opened my eyes to see the opinions of other ethnic groups.
Outside of Football, what was your favorite experience while in College?
- I enjoyed going to watch other athletic teams compete here at UF. We are at the top of many sports here, so I wanted to make sure I supported them.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up playing soccer, I really did not follow the NFL until later in life. I am a huge Real Madrid fan & Cristiano Ronaldo is my favorite player.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Goal! The Dream Begins. I would play Santiago Muñez & go through the trials of becoming a professional soccer player.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My Mom, my Dad & my brother.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Flash. His speed. He can be in one place, then all of the sudden be miles away.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Waking up every morning & turning your weakness into your strength.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- While at UF, I heard a girl screaming & was able to save her while a male was beating her up.
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1) wish right now?
- I would take the three wishes over five years. I have the patience.
What has been the funniest moment of your life so far?
- While at practice, Jarrad Davis (2017 first round pick of the Detroit Lions), kept telling reporters I was hitting FGs from 90+ yards. They immediately came to me & I had to explain to them that this was not true. We had good laughs about that day.