NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview: Eddy Piñeiro, K, University of Florida
NFL Draft Diamonds Prospect Interview:
- Eddy Piñeiro
- University of Florida
What is your name?
- Eddy Pineiro
Where did you play Collegiate Football?
- University of Florida
What position do you play?
What is your height/weight?
- 5’11” 178lbs.
Did you play any other sports growing up? If so, what were they?
- Yes, I played soccer growing up. My Dad played professional soccer. Playing the sport helped me gain leg power.
Who is the toughest player you competed against in College?
- Leonard Fournette-RB LSU
What are you listening to before a game to get hype?
- Christian music.
Do you have any superstitions before a game? If so, what are they?
- No, not really.
Who is your role model & why?
- My Dad. While I was in Junior College, he would take me to practice every day at 5am. He never missed a practice or a game. He taught me to stay positive & to think of myself as the best.
While in College, what was your favorite & least favorite class?
- Favorite class was a Black Lives Matter course. I want to be a Police Officer after football & that course opened my eyes to see the opinions of other ethnic groups.
Outside of Football, what was your favorite experience while in College?
- I enjoyed going to watch other athletic teams compete here at UF. We are at the top of many sports here, so I wanted to make sure I supported them.
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL Team & NFL player, & why?
- Growing up playing soccer, I really did not follow the NFL until later in life. I am a huge Real Madrid fan & Cristiano Ronaldo is my favorite player.
If you could be in any movie of your choice, what would it be & what character would you play?
- Goal! The Dream Begins. I would play Santiago Muñez & go through the trials of becoming a professional soccer player.
If you could have dinner with three people, dead or alive, who are they?
- My Mom, my Dad & my brother.
Who is your favorite superhero & why?
- The Flash. His speed. He can be in one place, then all of the sudden be miles away.
What is your definition of hard work?
- Waking up every morning & turning your weakness into your strength.
What is the most unexpected lesson you learned while in College?
- While at UF, I heard a girl screaming & was able to save her while a male was beating her up.
Which would you prefer, three (3) wishes over five (5) years or one (1) wish right now?
- I would take the three wishes over five years. I have the patience.
What has been the funniest moment of your life so far?
- While at practice, Jarrad Davis (2017 first round pick of the Detroit Lions), kept telling reporters I was hitting FGs from 90+ yards. They immediately came to me & I had to explain to them that this was not true. We had good laughs about that day.
This interview was completed by Jonathan Joyce, Draft Diamonds Insider!! Follow him on Twitter!