The NFL Draft is what we love more than anything, and NFL Draft Diamonds was created to give small schoolers a shot. Since 2014, the NFL Draft has been producing 20 plus players in the NFL Draft. That is a very solid number since our existence, considering there are only 256 NFL Draft Picks. We would love to see that number rise to 40 or 50 but the number is headed in the right direction.
This year there were 25 small schoolers drafted through the seven rounds of the 2016 NFL Draft. Here are the guys that were drafted. We considered both Moritz Boehringer and David Onyemata small schoolers on the list, because they come from other countries. Both are very solid prospects as well.
In 2014, the NFL Draft showcased guys like John Brown of the Cardinals and Jimmy G of the Patriots. In 2014, there were 24 small schoolers drafted. Last year, David Johnson of Northern Iowa highlighted the draft class in which 20 prospects were taken from small schools. This year there were 25 highlighted by Mr. Bison himself Carson Wentz!!!
Congrats to all the prospects drafted from small schools.
- Eagles drafted Carson Wentz – QB – North Dakota State
- Buccaneers drafted Noah Spence – DE/LB – Eastern Kentucky
- Panthers drafted James Bradberry – CB – Samford
- Steelers drafted Javon Hargrave – DT – South Carolina State
- Buccaneers drafted Ryan Smith – CB – North Carolina Central
- Lions drafted Miles Killebrew – S – Southern Utah
- Saints drafted David Onyemata – DL – Manitoba (Canada)
- Bears drafted Deiondre Hall – CB – Northern Iowa
- Browns drafted Seth DeValve – TE – Princeton
- Ravens drafted Matt Judon – LB – Grand Valley State
- Colts drafted Joe Haeg – OL – North Dakota State
- Titans drafted LeShaun Sims – CB – Southern Utah
- Chiefs drafted Tyreek Hill – WR – Alabama
- Cardinals drafted Marqui Christian – SS – Midwestern State
- Cardinals drafted Cole Toner – OT – Harvard
- Rams drafted Terrance Hemmingway – TE – South Carolina State
- Vikings drafted Moritz Boehringer – WR – Germany
- Jaguars drafted Tyrone Holmes – DE – Montana
- Bears drafted DeAndre Houston – Carson -S – William Mary
- Cardinals drafted Harlan Miller – CB – SE Louisiana
- Patriots drafted Kamu Grugier-Hill – LB – Eastern Illinois
- Jaguars drafted Jonathan Woodard – DE – Central Arkansas
- Jets drafted Lac Edwards – P – Sam Houston State
- Colts drafted Trevor Bates – LB – Maine
- Panthers drafted Beau Sandland – TE – Montana State