Tonight we continue the Running Back segment of scouting notes. These notes are based off from last year’s film, and will precede the full scouting report which will come after I view film from the upcoming season. Tonight we take a look at Kenyon Drake, here are my notes:
Kenyon Drake. RB. 6’1 210 lbs. Alabama
1) At times he lines up at WR, and does have very good receiving ability
2) Sometimes bounces off from would be tacklers
3) Has a good “juke” move, and a good spin move
4) Appears to have decent field vision
1) Has ok speed, not a “burner”
2) Needs to protect the ball better. Does get it stripped at times.
3) Needs to improve pass blocking.
Kenyon Drake is a prospect whose draft stock will greatly depend on how he performs in this upcoming season with Alabama. He suffered a broken leg last October, causing him to miss the entire season, and he does have some vague off field charges going against him. At this point, I would have him as a middle of the pack type player.