The top 5 UDFA signings after the 2020 NFL Draft
The NFL Draft is completed, and teams have announced who they have signed. I thought it would be cool to break down the top five UDFA signings after the 2020 NFL Draft. So let’s check it out.
Find out every UDFA signing on our UDFA Tracker
1. A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State – A.J. Green is one of my favorite players in the 2020 NFL Draft. He had a 4.62 forty at the Combine which made him fall in the draft, but this kid is big and physical. He had a great week at the Senior Bowl. Green signed to the Browns and received a big signing bonus of 145k. His father died the week of the draft, so expect him to come in with a chip on his shoulder ready to prove he should have been drafted.
2. James Robinson, RB, Illinois State – With Leonard Fournette on the ropes and potentially out in J-Ville, get ready for the small school back to take over. I know you are all going to say come on, but let me explain something to you. This kid is a workhorse. The Jaguars did not draft a running back, but they landed the best small-school running back. He has been a total workhorse since high school, remember his name!
3. Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU – I understand that Thaddeus is not like his Dad Randy, but he made some spectacular receptions his final year in college. First overall selection Joe Burrow connected with Moss 47 times for 570 yards (12.1 per) and four scores. Two of his four touchdowns were in the National Championship game against Clemson. Moss was signed by the Redskins that recently released TE Jordan Reed, as a UDFA. He will be a huge asset to them.
4. Trey Adams, OL, Washington – If you look at the way-too-early NFL Mock drafts from last year, this guy was the first offensive tackle taken. Adams signed with the Buffalo Bills as an undrafted free agent, and this is a huge signing. He has had significant injuries in the past, but if he can stay healthy this is a great signing. Adams could become a starter in the NFL.
5. Matt Cole, WR, McKendree – Cole, 5-feet-9 and 197 pounds, put up massive numbers for the Bearcats. He had 43 receptions for 939 yards and 12 touchdowns, nine covering at least 40 yards, and averaged 27 yards on kickoff returns. He will be a slot for the Dolphins, they struck Gold on him!