By : Shaun DePasquale (@ShaunDoesDraft)
Here are four potential fantasy studs that you want to consider starting this week:
• Indianapolis Colts RB Trent Richardson vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
– No one is allowing more rushing yards this year than Jacksonville (167 yards), and Richardson has now had an extra week to digest the Colts playbook. Although Ahmad Bradshaw will get the start, and his share of the carries, I expect a big game from Richardson as well against a defense that allows a ton of yards and points.
• Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill vs. New Orleans Saints
– New Orleans’ defense has been surprisingly strong, but Tannehill is off to a fantastic start, and this could be the game to solidify him as a weekly start. Tannehill is completing 66.4 % of his passes and is limiting turnovers (only 2 interceptions through 3 games). If he has turned the corner, starting him this week could produce big rewards.
• Kansas City Chiefs QB Alex Smith or RB Jamaal Charles vs. New York Giants
– This boils down to match-up. The Giants have been pathetically bad on defense, and both Smith and Charles are having strong seasons to start Kansas City’s remarkable 3-0 season. The Chiefs offense seems primed for a big week against a thin, sad defense. Either player looks like a great start this week.
• Arizona Cardinals defense vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers offense
– Why not play the Cardinals this week? Arizona DB Patrick Peterson should have a field day vs. Bucs rookie QB Mike Glennon, and at least, Peterson wipes one side of the field off the slate for Glennon. I expect a lot of stunting and blitzing against a rookie QB making his first start, which could lead to plenty of turnovers. As an added bonus, Glennon is not a mobile QB, making sacks that much easier for Arizona.