The bye week was great for the Green Packers. The week off came at a perfect time, because the Packers running backs were beat up. Well today Mike McCarthy said that Eddie Lacy practiced good and is a full go this week.
Here is a summary of Packers coach Mike McCarthy’s post-practice comments Monday per Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal:
- (injuries) General sense is that we’ve improved. Worked out a number of players today. Haven’t talked to staff about results.
- (First three weeks) Looked at it as a coaching staff. Have to do a better job of taking care of football. Defense took the ball away well from Cincinnati. Pass defense is something we’ve looked at. Special teams and return game we’ve looked at.
- (Burnett) He feels great. Curious to see him go through week of practice.
- (Franklin) Did some things well today. I’m not going to talk about injuries.
- (Return game) Something we’ll look at all this week.
- (Backs) Obvious going against Cincinnati had to go through two backs. Had discussions and game-planned.
- (Use two backs) Depends on game plans.
- (Four WRs) Feel good with that number. Group that could use as many opportunities as possible.