At 4:01 pm today the NFL posted their NFL transactions page and the first player on the list was Chris Johnson. The former Tennessee Titans running back is officially a free agent. Here are five teams that could use him right now and he could assist their running game.
1. New York Jets – The New York Jets are the most logical place for CJ2k to land. When you look at their backs, they really do not have a clear cut number one, and let’s face it Chris Johnson is five times the player that Chris Ivory is. The Jets are obviously interested, here is Rich Cimini’s tweet about him from about 4:04 pm.
RichCimini Rich Cimini
As expected, Chris Johnson appears on today’s waiver wire. Officially a free agent. #nyj
2. Baltimore Ravens – Who knows what Roger Goodell is going to say when he has Ray Rice in front of him. As of right now with the entire domestic violence case, Ray Rice could be suspended and even cut by the team, depending on how the NFL reacts. Chris Johnson would be an amazing starter for the Ravens and actually open up the passing lanes for Joe Flacco.
3. New England Patriots – When you look at reviving a career, Bill Belichick does that. The guy can make a player run through brick walls. The team lost LaGarrette Blount to the Steelers and really cannot go into the season with Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen as their only backs. CJ2k could put the Patriots over the top once again.
4. St. Louis Rams – Jeff Fisher was Chris Johnson’s former coach and knows how to utilize him. Under Fisher Johnson was a stud, and had some of his better seasons. Zac Stacy is penciled in right now as their starter and while I am a huge Stacy supporter, Chris Johnson is a way better option.
5. Indianapolis Colts – Last year the team traded for Trent Richardson, but let’s face it that was not a good trade. If the team can team CJ2k up with T-Rich they would have a true “Thunder and Lightning”. I think this would be a very good fit for Chris Johnson, and Andrew Luck who would have a great threat out of the back field. They are a player or two away from going over the top in Indy. CJ2k would push them over the top.Do you follow the NFL Draft? If so follow NFL Draft Diamonds on Twitter and Facebook for up to date NFL Draft News, NFL Draft Projections, and NFL Draft Rankings. Jesus is the only way to Salvation