2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Dionte Moorehead, DE, Roosevelt University
- Name: Dionte Moorehead
- Position: Edge/defensive end
- College: Roosevelt University
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 230
- Twitter: Iamtay_21
- Instagram: dionte_21
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- I can do a mixture of things, I can rush the passer, I can set an edge and stop the run, and I can drop back into coverage a bit as well. I put my head down and I work no matter what obstacles are put in front of me
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I was interested in football when I was about 7 or 8 years old when my older brother was playing in high school. 2 years later I started playing.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- They should know that I’m going to do whatever it takes to win. That’s I’m someone that works hard for everything that wants/has no matter what it is and I will take advantage of any and every opportunity given to me.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- The world food program, especially in times like today where food is so expensive I think it would help a lot as well feed the people that don’t get to see meals every day
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Success doesn’t just come find you, you have to go out and go get it.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- There are a few guys in my mind but I would have to say, Jalen Perkins, has ball skills like no other, I felt so comfortable with him in the secondary and I think he has what it takes to be one of the best DBs in the country.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- My biggest pet peeve is when somebody disturbs me while I’m sleeping or playing my PS5 especially when I play madden. I have to be locked in like I’m out there on the field
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- When my grandma died back in 2012, I had a championship game 2 days after, and ever since I’ve been doing everything for her. She is what drives me to be better every day and helps me overcome a lot
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- Having downtown Chicago as your college campus speaks for itself. The views are unmatched and just being able to live in the best city in the world is just special.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Fruit snacks by far. If not fruit snacks then any type of hot chips.
What is the best part of football?
- Game days. From the away trips to the pre-game meals and just the feeling before stepping out on the field.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- If you’re looking for a guy that loves to compete and does whatever it takes for the team to win, I am the guy!
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- If there has to be anybody I would say, Von Miller, he sets the edge very well and makes it difficult for plays to hit outside and I think I do that pretty well myself
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Lebron James, Lil Wayne, and Jay-z, because I grew up watching Lebron he’s one of my favorite players, and I think LeBron could put me on the game financially wise as well as jay-z as their both billionaires. Lil Wayne because he’s my favorite rapper of all time and in my opinion, the best, and meeting him would be crossed off my bucket list