2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jett Hendrix, S, Eastern Kentucky University
- Name: Jett Hendrix
- Position: Safety
- College: Tulsa/Eastern Kentucky University
- Height: 6’0”
- Weight: 200
- Twitter: @jetthendrix
- Instagram: @jetthendrix11
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- My reliability as well as my intelligence. I’ve been around the game for a long time and I have a good understanding of coverages. I am also reliable whenever it comes to getting the job done.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- Four years old. I am a coaches kid so I have been around the game since I was born.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I will not be outworked and I will not stop working until the job gets done.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- Cancer research/St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Remember what you’re after. My dad used to tell me that everyday going to practice. You have to push through hard and remember what you’re chasing.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My father. He embodied what it was to be a father, a coach, and a good man. I’m very thankful for everything he has done for me.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Chase Lasater
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Not being respectful to people.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- My junior year of high school. I went to the Texas state track meet which was a huge accomplishment. Everything was going great and it seemed as if I was going to close out track season and prepare for the upcoming football season. A week later after the state track meet, I received a call that one of my best childhood friends had died in a car crash. It was something that really put me down for a while. But from that point on I decided everything I would accomplish would be in his remembrance and I would not let him down.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The small town environment. It is an electric environment at football games. This is a great place for not only football players, but all athletes and students.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Honey BBQ Fritos.
What is the best part of football?
- Getting to represent not only your family, but your school/town in the best game there is. Also the physicality of the game makes it special.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Intelligent and reliable with sneaky athleticism.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- Karl Joseph.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- Johnny Cash, because he is my personal favorite artist and was a trailblazer for his time. He also dealt with loss, and overcoming adversity. Herschel Walker, not only for his athletic accomplishments. But what it was like for him growing up and developing different personalities and forming himself into who he is today. Achilles, because he is known as the greatest combat warrior of all time.