2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Franck Kemayou, LB, Guelph University
- Name: Franck Kemayou
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Guelph University
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 220lbs
- Twitter: @franckkemayou_
- Instagram: @f.c.k_
1. What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
I pride myself on being a smart player, my ability to study film & tendencies allows me to make big plays on the field.
2. At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
I started playing football at the age of twelve.
3. What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
I’m a team player, I play whatever role necessary to win!
4. If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
I’d donate to mental health initiatives, specifically the Alzheimer Society.
5. What is the best advice you have ever received?
“Play with goldfish memory” meaning don’t get too low after a bad play or too high after a great play, just regroup and make your next play your best play!
6. Who was your childhood hero?
My parents, learning from their life experiences and seeing how resilient they were during times of change or crisis as a transnational family motivates me to succeed in their honor.
7. Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
8. What is your biggest pet peeve?
My biggest pet peeve is getting interrupted while I’m trying to get my point across.
9. Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
The summer going into my junior year in high school, I tore my ACL, MCL, & Meniscus but I didn’t let it deter my ambitions of playing college football. I came back the next year and was a starter & defensive captain for my team and eventually committed to Acadia University in 2017.
10. Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
I attended Acadia University for my undergrad and Guelph University for my post-grad studies. Acadia is special for their sense of community, we’d always play in sold-out crowds. Guelph university is also special due to the numerous and passionate groups of our alumni that are facilitated towards a player’s success on and off the field.
11. What is your favorite snack food?
Beef Jerky or Grapes!
12. What is the best part of football?
The best part about football is the brotherhood you form with your teammates, there is nothing like it.
13. If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
I’m relentless, coachable and I lead by example.
14. If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
I see my playing style reflecting Darius Leonard’s playmaking abilities and Fred Warner’s Leadership.
15. If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
My grandfather, Nelson Mandela, and Samuel Eto’o!