2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Nnamdi Banks-Eke, OL, Texas College
- Name: Nnamdi Banks-Eke
- Position: Center/Guard
- College: Texas College
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 330 lbs
- Twitter: @Nnamdibankseke
- Instagram: @73szn
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
-My ability to play every position on the offensive line. I have experience everywhere from LT-RT.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
-At age 4 I believe, my dad had it on and I was immediately hooked.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
– I can bring more than the field activity to your organization. Leadership and high character are what drive me to become a better person each and every single day.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
– I would donate to help decrease the level of homelessness in the country. That subject is very sensitive to me and it hits home.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
– To control only what I can control, leave the rest to God
Who was your childhood hero?
– My two parents
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
– There are so many to pick from, but I would say, Tardale Williams. He’s a smaller guy at RB so people tend to mistake how much he can hurt opponents, he will shock the world this year.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
-The hardest moment in my life that I had to overcome was receiving news the morning of my season opener being told that I was ineligible. I could not play for the entire season, and I put in so much work to get to where I was at. I had so many mental lows and battles to where I almost gave up on the season, but I wiped my tears and got up on my two feet and continued to support my brothers every gameday and continued to help them get better every day at practice, weights, and conditioning.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
– Texas College is a smaller HBCU in East Texas by way of Tyler, TX. The football program has been in a drought record-wise but I believe my teammates and I can turn it around and get it going to where it should’ve been. It is special to me because it is where I’m going to get my bachelor’s degree from and is where I have met some lifetime friends, developed amazing relationships with staff and professors, and where I learned a lot about integrity and character.
What is your favorite snack food?
– Honey BBQ puffy cheese doodles
What is the best part of football?
– The camaraderie amongst your brothers and coaches that you have been battling with and besides since the summer, winning, and playing for your last name, your family and loved ones watching you in the stands.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
– If you want someone you can trust, with high quality and respect for the game I’m that guy, will give my life for this game and for my brothers in the locker room.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
– Caesar Luiz, we have similar body types/frames and we both are from New Jersey so I’ll always root for him.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
– My grandfather, Kanye West, and Drake