2023 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jayme Vicente-Colon, DB, Lake Erie College
- Name: Jayme Vicente-Colon
- Position: DB/LB
- College: Lake Erie College
- Height: 5”11
- Weight: 210 lbs
- Twitter: jayme_colon
- Instagram: jaycolon21
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- My versatility and my work ethic. I can play either safety or linebacker spot and excel at every single one.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- 5 years old.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I’ll do whatever it takes to help the team win whether it’s playing special teams or playing on defense. I’m going to do whatever it takes to put my team in the best position to win.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- World Hunger. It’s saddening to see that there are many people around the world that don’t know where their next meal is coming from, while there are people who have all this money and don’t help others out in need.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Not to worry about the next person focus on your own path. Everyone goes through their own trials and tribulations so comparing isn’t going to help you. You have to focus on you.
Who was your childhood hero?
- My older brother. Just the way he carried himself and how confident he always was I wanted to emulate that and be like him but even better.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- Keimonnee Fields.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Losing my grandfather at the age of 11. My grandfather raised me my entire life and he was my rock so losing him made me lose a part of myself that I never will get back so I live my life to the fullest because I know he would want me to go on for him.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- The camaraderie. We may not be that big of a school but we got that us vs the world mentality and it only makes us stronger.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Ice cream.
What is the best part of football?
- The brotherhood. It’s cool to meet people from all over the country and just vibe together and create friendships that last for a lifetime.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- I’m a hard worker and I do everything in my power to make sure my team and I are always in a position to win.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I don’t like comparing myself to others because I want to be the best version of myself. In my game, though I like to take bits and pieces out of all my favorite players like Jalen Ramsey, Jamal Adams, and Tyrann Mathieu.
If you could have dinner with three people dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- My grandfather, my Aunt Jaz, and my great uncle Bobby. I never got a chance to interact with the 3 of them all together and I think it’d be a lot of fun.