NFL DraftProspect Interviews
2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Devin-Michael Griffin, WR, Washburn University
- Name:Devin-Michael Griffin
- Position: WR
- College: Washburn University
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight:190 lbs
- Twitter: @DGriiff
- Instagram: @dgriiff
1.What made you decide you wanted to be a football player?
- My senior year it was either football or baseball and I decided to go with football and my cousin got drafted by the Eagles and it made me pursue it even more.
2.What is your typical training routine?
- Monday, Wednesdays and Friday’s are the hard lift days and Tuesday and Thursday I do speed training and drills.
3.What are your favorite moments from your football life?
- I would say beating our rivals in high school and 100 yard pick 6 against Webster Groves my senior year in high school.
4.If you could hang out with any football player past or present for a day who and why?
- Randy Moss, just the way he attacks the ball. I think of myself doing similar things.
5.What sets you apart from other wide receivers?
- The way I attack the ball and the way I adjust to how the ball is thrown and anytime the ball hits my hands I will catch it.
6.What type of energy do you bring onto the football field?
- I bring a very competitive positive energy and push whoever is with me to do the best.
7.What should we know about Devin-Michael Griffin the person?
- I live by the motto faith,family and football.
8.What was a moment that improved you as a football player?
- I would say out at KU when I was first there I wouldn’t stop my morning until I caught 1,000 tennis balls.
9.How do you handle challenges both in life and on the football field?
- Just take them head on and always fight through adversity.
10.What would a team get in a player like you?
- They would get a person ready to come in and work and give 110 percent everyday.
11.What is your favorite route and why?
- A Go, just take the top off and make a play.
12.What do you love about the game of football?
- Just being able to go out there everyday with my teammates and make plays.